The Patients & Providers for Medical Nutrition Equity Coalition is committed to seeing the Medical Nutrition Equity Act passed so that all Americans will have access to medically necessary foods. We need YOUR help to keep this legislation moving towards the President’s desk. Please take action using as many of the methods below as possible
- Use Twitter to help us spread the word about the importance of covering medically necessary nutrition in addition to dealing with the formula crisis! Just click this link and our system will generate ready-made Tweets for you.
- Use our easy system to send a pre-written email to your Senators and Representative to ask them to co-sponsor S2013/HR 3783, the Medical Nutrition Equity Act. If your senator or representative is already a co-sponsor, the system will automatically generate a “thank you” letter for you to send. Please note that it is OK to send repeat requests! Just let them know that you’ve made a previous request by personalizing the letter.
- Share your medical foods story. We provide those stories directly to your legislators, meaning you can advocate in person even if you can’t get to Washington, DC.
- Check to see if your senators or representative are co-sponsoring the bill.
- Like us and follow us on social media. We post every time a new senator or representative is added as a co-sponsor of the bill. Please be sure to like those posts and add your own thanks! Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Have you made a few requests to your U.S. Senators and/or your U.S. Representative without them agreeing to sign on to the bill?
- Feel free to call the office! Call the Capitol Switchboard at 202.224.3121 and ask to be connected to their office. Please note that the Switchboard cannot connect you directly to your senator or representative. You will be directed to a front desk staff person who will make a note of your request. The tally of how many people called about a specific issue is provided on a regular basis to the legislator’s policy team. Those tallies matter!
- Set up a meeting in your legislator’s district office, which will be somewhere close to where you live. Find step-by-step instructions here.
- Sign up for our mailing list. We’ll let you know when there are new action alerts and events.
- Ask your friends and family to sign up for action alerts too!