Social Media is a great way to reach out to your members of Congress. It’s easy, it’s public, and it’s effective. Here are a few good ways to use this list:
- Visit your elected officials’ web site and send an email thorugh their contact form, or request a meeting with their in-district staff to discuss the MNEA
- Visit their Facebook page and post about why the MNEA is important to you, and send a message through Facebook Messenger
- Click on the Tweet link to share a pre-written tweet asking them for (or thanking them for) their support. Feel free to edit it to add personal details/photos
- Don’t know who your representative is? Find out here.
- Email is also a great tool – click here to follow up your social posts with a specific email requesting co-sponsorship!